The process of “Tikkun Ha-olam”(repairing the world) reminds us that we are responsible for creating a better society and making our world a better place. The Jewish Community Federation of the Mohawk Valley is dedicated to fulfilling this most important of all humanitarian values. Return to this page often to find out what we are doing for the community and how you can be a part of it. Currently, we:
• Provide scholarship opportunities for those in need who wish to use our facilities or take part in our programs;
• Provide tutoring opportunities for those less fortunate in our community;
• Reach out to other local non-profits to offer guidance and joint programming opportunities to help benefit our community;
• Encourage our Board of Directors and our members to take part in fundraising activities community wide. Over the past two years we have raised a great deal of money for organizations raising awareness of serious diseases and those in serious need of food, clothing and shelter;
• Have spent a great deal of resources “improving our carbon footprint” and want to continue improving: • Collect food on a regular basis for our cities “Foodbank.”
If you are interested in helping The Jewish Federation help others, or have any ideas on how we can expand or improve our mission, please contact us at (315) 733-2343, or shoot us an email at JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING .